Monday, May 6, 2013

Why buy a new dress?
As summer is getting closer there is that little voice in your head - "are you sure you do not need a new summer dress"?
This year was no different but then I started to think about what I already have...and I thought about 3 skirts that I made a few years ago that are still nice but are not really worn a lot. Maybe they could be changed in some way?


Question was - how? It seemed that the easiest thing to do would be to place the waist higher and add a top. This way I would get a nice, empire-style dress - but what would I use as top? A T-shirt. So I did.




































Now 2 of the skirts have become dresses, and the only thing left is to do the third one - however this time I actually have a beige cotton fabric so I plan to make a "real" top out of it, to which the skirt can be sewn - just have to find a good pattern to use. 



And if I decide that the dresses are not as good as I thought they would be - well, I did not cut the extra fabric off so the if the skirt is removed it is just a normal T-shirt again...

1 comment:

Gunvor said...

Det var fiffigt. Riktigt snyggt.