Sunday, December 11, 2011

A dress for Mrs Santa Claus...


Since some time I had a piece of red, crushed velvet on my shelf - not of very high quality and probably not really meant for clothing - but in a great colour that I just could not resist. I had no idea what I would eventually do with it - but some fabric earns its place on the shelf just because it is nice to look at. 
When I passed through one of the shops in Zurich I saw that they were selling "christmas underwear" in red velvet and I got a bit inspired....then I thought - why not make a red dress for christmas?  Maybe I can even find some white fake fur to decorate it with? 



I found an old pattern that I thought could be 
useful - I remembered however from the last 
time I used it that the fit was not really perfect, 
so I decided to pull together the fabric a bit, 
enhancing the empire line somewhat. 









I am pretty happy with the result (although the colour really looks better in real life). Now I just have to find that white fake fur also...


No comments: