Saturday, November 26, 2011

Preparing projects


Since I was out traveling the whole week there was no time for any sewing projects. The way it looks now it will continue to be a lot of traveling at least the rest of the year, so I thought it would be good to do some planning - which means that I now have 3 piles of fabric, cut and ready to go:


 The first project is a dress, somewhat inspired by Chanel (always a good choice). This fabric I found last christmas when I was visiting my hometown Linköping, in Sweden - the shop owners must have known I was coming because they had stocked up with lots of fabric just my taste - I think I bought 5 or 6 different fabrics, with a total of around 15 meters (could have bought more but I did not have any place left in my luggage). All great quality wool fabric which cost almost nothing - it was definitively christmas for me.

Then I will do two skirts, the one on top with a fabric I 
found in Hamburg, which is so soft I might as well 
make a pyjama out of it. 



The second skirt is a fabric from Scotland, brought home 
 by my partner - it is great to have someone who keeps his 
 eyes open for me!

                                                   
In order to get more inspiration (as if that was needed...) I will visit a design exhibition in Zurich tomorrow, called "Blickfang" (which could be translated as something like "eye-catcher") - they usually have a lot of interesting things, both clothes and furnitures etc.
blickfang

No comments: