Sunday, March 3, 2013

Buttons in Berlin

Spent a sunny saturday in Berlin yesterday. Everytime I come here I  think about how it must have been like when the city was divided by a wall, but it is difficult to imagine. Have only vague memories about seeing the wall fall on TV:
Anyway, yesterday was a lovely day and I had a plan - to find interesting buttons and books. 
I started with the buttons - had found a shop on the internet called knopf-und-schnalle, and it turned out to be well worth the visit. Found lots of great looking buttons but the most interesting things were stuff like this:



Even if you do not use the practical function - it can be opened - it will look lovely on a black dress.
These ones will be great for a jacket or coat: 





















although I think they look best if the ring is turned, showing the back of the ring instead of the front. 

After my visit to the button shop there where two book stores I wanted to visit, which I had found on another blog: Stil in Berlin
Bucherhalle turned out to be a good choice, left it with 5 books....which only cost me 20 Euro!
The second shop is called dialogue-books,  and they sell english books. Since I had already bought 5 books I kept my purse in the bag, but the shop has a very interesting mixture of writers and themes and is well worth a visit.

No comments: