Some time ago I fixed up an old waistcoat that belongs to my father, and we were both very happy with the result.
So, when my father came up with the idea to "re-condition" his old leatherjacket from 1957 - he thought I might be interested - which was of course correct.
The jacket looked a bit tired... But after changing some of the fabric and fixing up the parts that looked the most torn -
it looks pretty cool again.
The only thing I could not do, the machine could not handle a leather this thick, was to exchange or at least fix the seams around the zipper - but since it is working this should be fine.
Now to the burning question - will he use it again or will it be art on the wall?
Quite some time ago I found this nice dress on sales, but it was too short for me so I went out to search for similar fabric, in order to make it longer - and I was successful in actually finding the exact same material.
I had some fabric left so when I decided to make a dress out of this grey skirt I though the black jersey could come in handy....which it did.
The skirt being about 3 kilos to small needed to be lifted a bit - this was the first test version.
Thought this fabric was fun, with the flowers "on top" of the other more standard pattern. The plan was to use the flower side on the outside - but then I changed my mind....so now they are on the inside instead, but they will be seen when I walk or sit down.
Work continues with the 40's jacket - first thing to do is to make it somewhat less broad shouldered. This means opening up the lining - which has to be done anyway since it does not really look good and has been repaired previously, I guess by someone who really did not know what he/she was doing....
The new armhole was marked up and the arm was moved.
Result looks pretty OK. Now I just have to decide how much of the lining I actually want to replace...