Sunday, October 28, 2012

Restoring an old waistcoat

Earlier this year I started restoring an old waistcoat from my father.  The waistcoat once belonged to a relative of my father who was a jazz musician, playing guitar in a jazz orchestra at the jazz club Nalen in Stockholm.  My father was given the waistcoat when he was 16 years old, visiting Stockholm to see  "The Gerry Mulligan quartet" at "Konserthuset" in Stockholm. Considering my fathers age it must have been in 1954. 

It turned out though, that my size had changed since last time I wore it , and that it was necessary to add a bit of fabric. Since it was beginning of summer there were very little woolfabric to be found in the stores - therefore I had to wait until now to finish it off. 





In the end I decided to go with the same colour as before for the lining and not change anything else. 
I am happy with the result, but my father is probably the one who is the most happy, seeing his clothes are still working after 60 years.  

No comments: