Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sewing course
A long time ago, more specifically at the end of the eighties, I taught some sewing classes. I have not done it since then until today, when I helped a friend of mine to make a skirt. 
When we went to Berlin for a course in January this year, I brought her to a very nice fabric store - and after I told her that making an A-line skirt is as easy as making a cushion cover she decided to go for it, and bought a nice khaki-green cotton fabric.
Today it was time to see if I was right...
I could tell that she was not a novice when it comes to using a sewing machine, but so far she told me her experience has been mainly to make cushion covers and similar things. 
We spent less than 4 hours with me telling her what to do and her doing exactly what I said - it is really great to have such pupils - and we we're both very excited over the result!


Just look at this zipper - I would be happy if mine would always look like this, and I have been sewing since...no, lets not go there...
The skirt fits very well, my friend is very happy and can not wait to make more skirts like this - and I am a very proud teacher!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Thank you so much for the lesson! It was so much fun and you're a great teacher ;)

carin said...

Thank you - it was great fun for me too :-)